(as of Oct 23,2021 10:18:18 UTC – Particulars)
Popularized by bestselling pediatrician Dr. William Sears, “attachment parenting” encourages moms and dads to completely settle for their infants’ dependency wants. In keeping with the rising numbers of attachment parenting advocates, constant parental responsiveness to those wants results in glad and emotionally well-balanced youngsters.
This sensible, complete, and first-ever information to in the present day’s most talked-about nurturing model, Attachment Parenting exhibits how some typical childrearing recommendation will be detrimental, and urges you to belief your instincts on such necessary issues as:
- Responding attentively to your child’s cries
- Minimizing parent-child separation
- Avoiding “sleep coaching” for infants
- Breastfeeding in response to your child’s cues as a substitute of a schedule
- “Sporting” your child in a material service quite than counting on “child devices” similar to plastic carriers and carriages.
Along with professional recommendation from pediatricians, lactation consultants, and anthropologists — in addition to phrases of knowledge from a whole bunch of actual mother and father — Attachment Parenting contains an exhaustive checklist of print, Web, and support-group assets. It is an indispensable, hands-on reference that means that you can confidently and joyfully develop a safe and loving bond together with your younger youngsters.
Writer:Atria Books; Unique ed. version (August 1, 1999)
Merchandise Weight:15.5 ounces
Dimensions:5.31 x 1 x 8.25 inches